Sunday, November 22, 2009

Roses Are Red

James Patterson

In this heart-pounding new thriller, Detective Alex Cross pursues the most brilliant killer he's ever confronted, a mysterious criminal who calls himself the Mastermind. In a series of crimes that has stunned Washington, D.C., bank robbers have been killing bank employees and their families if the robbers' instructions are not followed to the letter. Alex Cross knows this is no ordinary criminal -- the pathological need for control and perfection is too great. Cross is in the midst of a crisis at home -- but the case becomes all-consuming as he learns that the Mastermind is plotting one huge, last, perfect crime...


My Take:

This book was my intro to James Patterson, and what an intro it was. Roses are Red is very exciting, and you will never guess who the villain is. There are a bunch of twists and turns that will excite you to the stunning end.  One thing I really like about Patterson's Alex Cross series, is that you can pick up any one of them and not be lost, you don't have to read them in order. This isn't the best Patterson s I've ever read, but it was pretty dang great. I hovered between a 2 and a 3 on this one, but compared to Patterson's other books, I give this one a 3, Find a Used Book Store, because it just isn't up to par with the other Pattersons I've reviewed.

Do you agree with my review? Do you think I'm totally off base? Either way I'd love to hear from you, be sure to leave a comment and tell me how you feel.

If you liked Roses are Red, check out the Action Adventure section!

Make sure you take a look at James Patterson's other books on The Book Buff: The Jester and The Lake House

Here are some other titles you may be interested in-Night Tales, Angels and Demons, The DaVinci Code, The Book of Names

If this was a little too much for you, maybe try something a little more tame-Running Out of Time, all the excitement, a little less intense.

If this book were a movie it would likely be rated R for extreme portrayal of violence and explicit sexual references.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails