Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Running Out of Time

Margaret Peterson Haddix


Jessie lives with her family in the frontier village of Clifton, Indiana. When diphtheria strikes the village and the children of Clifton start dying, Jessie's mother sends her on a dangerous mission to get help. But beyond the walls of Clifton Jessie discovers a world even more alien and threatening than she could have imagined, and soon she finds her own life in jeopardy. Can she get help before the people of Clifton, and Jessie herself, run out of time?



My Take:

"Running Out of Time" is the kind of book you give a teenager who claims they don't like to read to change their mind. It is exciting, fast paced, and has some pretty intriguing and delightful twists of eerie events. You really feel for this girl, and when you read this book, it is as if you are rediscovering all of our technology through Jessie's eyes. I highly recommend this book to any young adult trying to find their literary tastes. Some of the twists were a predictable to me, but I'm a seasoned mystery reader. But for the target young audience, I would absolutely give "Running Out of Time" a 1, Pay Full Price.

Do you like adventure, but maybe looking for something more for adults? Be sure to check out The Jester, and The Lake House, both by James Patterson

You might also like The DaVinci Code, by Dan Brown

Do you agree with my review? Do you think I'm totally off base? I'd love to hear about it either way! Be sure to comment and tell me how you feel!

If this book were a movie it would likely be rated G.  There is no offensive content.








3 comments:

Penelope said...

This book sounds great! I just ordered it from the book-swapping site I belong to and can't wait to read it! :)

P.S.This sounds a lot like the movie The Village, that came out in 2004. I realize they have different plots, but I wonder if this was any inspiration for that movie.

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

I thought the same thing when I read it. I like the book more than the movie, it is a more sound plotline.

Alexa said...

I love this author. You should the shadow children series and Just Ella by the same author, if you haven't already.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails