Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Angels and Demons

Dan Brown

An ancient secret brotherhood.
A devastating new weapon of destruction.
An unthinkable target.












My Take:

When I start thinking about a review, I like to think of 3 words or phrases to describe the book. These are the 3 words/phrases "Angels and Demons" lead me to think are: 1. Epic 2. Holy Crap!!! Did that just happen?! 3. AWESOME!!! I love this book. I love DaVinci Code, but this one is better. More intriguing, more breathtaking, more...everything. I will admit that the book did get minutely bogged down with some of the science toward the beginning, but other than that--awesome! It is a whirlwind of adventure, mystery, history, excitement, you name it. If you love to be taken on a literary wild ride, definitely choose this book! "Angels and Demons" absolutely deserves a 1, Buy at Full Price!

Do you agree with my review? Or do you think I'm totally off base? Either way I'd love to hear what you have to say. Be sure to leave me a comment and tell me how you feel!

If you enjoyed Angels and Demons, make sure you check out The DaVinci Code, also by Dan Brown

If you can't get enough action, see The Book of Names, The Lake House, The Jester

Looking for something for a bit younger of an audience? You'll enjoy Running Out of Time

If this book were a movie (which it is) it would be rated PG-13 for adult themes throughout.  Some violence and sexuality.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked Angels & Demons too. It was written before DaVinci and I think it's a much better book. DaVinci bored me because I'd already read Holy Blood, Holy Grail the "nonfiction" version of all the "proof" in DaVinci.

You've got a great blog going. Nice job. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails