Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pride and Prejudice

Jane Austen



My Take: This is one of the greatest books of all time. The characters are perfect, the writing is perfect, the story is perfect. I have never really been one for fantasies involving fictional characters, but I am in love with Mr. Darcy. If you are a fan of this masterpiece, I highly recommend the A & E mini series. Colin Firth is perfection. As I love this book so much, I feel that I am totally inadequate to review it. I rate this a 1, Pay Full Price. A+++++++





Like Historical Romance? Check these out: The Perfect Royal Mistress, Too Great a Lady,
The Other Boleyn Girl

Do you just like the History, but want less of the mushy stuff? These books are for you: Nefertiti,
Abundance, Witch Child

Or are you looking for some romance a little more modern? Its About Your Husband

Do you agree with my review? Do you think I'm totally off base? I'd love to hear about it either way. Be sure to comment and tell me how you feel!

If this book were a movie it would likely be rated G, there is no offensive content.  











2 comments:

Becky Jane said...

Jane Austin's books are among the most favorite of my 5 daughters. The BBC version of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE is my 13 year olds favorite movie. I prefer the version starring Greer Garson. Also SENSE AND SENSIBILITY and EMMA are on the top of our list. I didn't care too much for the movie they made of NORTHANGER ABBEY; possibly the book is better, haven't read it yet.
Thanks,
Becky Jane
Come visit me at-
Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/

litsf said...

I would not say the greatest of all time (oh, well that is a matter of opinion ;-) ) but I like Austen's style. History, romance and humor is quiet a good combination for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails