Tuesday, September 25, 2012

J.K. Rowling's Post-Potter Debut is Due Out, Thoughts? Snooze or Woohoo?

Well people....its almost here.  The moment we've all been waiting for!

 No, not the apocalypse....


The release of J.K. Rowling's new book!  A Casual Vacancy makes it's appearance this Thursday!  Yes yes I'm a Harry Potter fanatic and this is not going to be a Harry Potter book, I know :( ....sigh...


But I'm still excited!  I'm working very hard to maintain my expectations, I know it won't have the same, pardon the pun, "magic" as Harry and the gang, but good ol' Jo is a dang fine writer, so I'm expecting it to be a dang fine book.  The plot doesn't exactly catch my eye, but if her characters are half as engaging in The Casual Vacancy as HP, I'll be a happy girl.  We'll see!

Unfortunately I'm not going to get to read it right away because the list price is just a touch above my budget. I'm a stay at home mom of two kids in married student housing of a major University up to my eyeballs in medical debt from kid #1 and student loans from husband, so yeah.... I'm too broke to shell out the 35 bucks :)  But I've got a library card and I ain't afraid to use it people!

So what are your thoughts?  
Are you looking forward to the book?  
Do you care at all?  
Is it a tad too pricy to you or are you too excited to care?
Sound off in the comments people!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no interest in reading her upcoming novel. It's just not my cup of fiction.

Elisabeth Marie said...

OMG I love BOTH of your pictures used in this post! Too funny!! :)

Susan said...

I've heard nothing but negative things about Rowling's new book. I'm not going to bother. I just want more Harry or at least something Harry-ish, you know?

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm with Brianna. I have no interest either. Not sure why. I'm sure the cover has something to do with it. I'm sure I will try it one day eventually.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails