Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Book Buff's Book Club, a post in which I discuss Nepal, Cambodia and Idaho, naturally

I don't know about all y'all, but I have quite the prolific bucket list.  I want to visit the most beautiful and remote locations....Nepal....


...Cambodia...

...I want to earn at least 1 doctorate...


...and join a book club.  Yeah, that's right, in the midst of all those fancy schmancy goals, I place joining a regular old book club right up there.  I loooooooove to talk about books, but could never find anyone who enjjoyed talking about them as much as me, which is why I started book blogging.  Anyway, I moved up to the Land of the Spuds, aka, Idaho, and found that there happened to be a bunch of brilliant mommas up there.  One of smart mommas started a book club, and set forth the most awesome set of commandments for the book club to guard against the club becoming a food/gossip fest.  My favorite commandment of all is this:
• There shall be no mention of twilight or comparison to aforementioned ‘vampire’ love story.
 Woohoo!  I have nothing against Twilight itself, but hearing it be refered to as one of the great literary love stories once just about made my ears bleed and cry at the downfall of a GOOD ramntic literature.  Plus I'm really protective of my favorite book of all time, which really is the greatest literary love story of all time-Pride and Prejudice.  I'm afraid that if I was in a book club which did not have said Twilight commandment and we were discussing Pride and Prejudice, and someone DARED to compare the two, m momma bear claws might come out and claw someone's eyes out.  Just sayin'.  
I digres....again....
I'm really excited to be in this book club and I want all of you to join in.  Every month, I'll let you know what the book club selection will be.  During that month, if you read and post about the book, and link back to The Book Buff, leave a comment on The Book Buff, letting me know you participated, and I'll link up to you on my sidebar :)  Sooooo, what is this month's selection you ask?????  It's.......
  The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas.  Never heard of it?  Eh, me either, but it looks good :)  It's all about women banding together in the face of adversity etc etc.  So get reading people!  Then after you read, get posting!  Happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Persian Pickle Club! What's the book for this month??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails