Friday, September 28, 2012

Follow Friday: What's Your Vocab Kryptonite?

 

This week for Follow Friday the question raised by Miss Parajunkee is.......


What is the BIGGEST word you’ve seen used in a book lately – that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.

 

This is going to sound so dumb, but I can't remember the last time I looked something up!  If its a contemporary book, I never need to look words up.  Gosh that sounds so uppity *cringe*  The reason is when I was young.....I was so weird....I used to straight up read the dictionary, I seriously started reading it in 2nd grade and read it several times a year until high school.  It used to be my bathroom reading of choice. I know that is a bit of an over share but....too bad.  We aren't squeamish about such things over here on The Book Buff.  Anyway, I do like to read a lot of Historical Fiction, so I do have to look up some random stuff here and there.  How about you?  What word was your most recent vocab Kryptonite?

 

Happy Friday and happy hopping!

14 comments:

Page Girl's Page of Book Reviews said...

New follower, Here's my link


Pagegirlspage

Thanks

Donna Smith said...

I kind of burnt myself out on historical fiction a few years ago and I'm sure my friends were happy about it. I can't count how many times I would find myself using kind of "dated" language when I couldn't think of a better word. It was rather amusing. I know I do look up words now and then on my Nook, it's just so easy to do that I don't really remember which words I looked up. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Kate the Book Buff said...

It's true, I have a Kindle and it is so easy to just look them up and forget about it. Thanks for stopping by you guys!

-Kate the Book Buff

Charlene C said...

I had a hard time with this question too! Luckily I came across a word right away in The Casual Vacancy. It was vetiver.

BTW I love the pictures you have of famous book buffs! :D

I'm a new follower through GFC! My FF post

BLHmistress said...

I look more up with my Kindle than I ever have.

My FF

Jenny said...

Can't remember either!
New follower hopping by!
My ff:
http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow-5.html

Rinn said...

Hi, I'm a new follower via GFC =)
Rinn
http://rinnreads.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/feature-follow-2.html

Night Sky Reviews said...

That's really interesting actually! And pretty handy for you that you don't need to look up most words. Thanks for stopping by and following, I'm following back :)

samaine18 said...

I want to have a kindle! Whenever I read in my laptop in a long time I get eye stain!

Maybe this October I'll get the Kindle Paperwhite :)

New Follower :)
Check outMY FF

The Book List said...

THanks for stopping by Kate! Following you back via GFC :)

The Book List said...

Thanks for stopping by! Following you back via GFC :)

Rose

Morgan Katz said...

Thanks for following me! The favor has been returned. You lost me on the definition of antidissesablishmentarianism. :p

WTDWYB said...

I tried reading the dictionary once. I don't think i ever got past the first page. I am impressed. Followed you back!

joder said...

Thanks for becoming a follower of my site! I'm now following you back via GFC and wish you happy reading.

The Scarf Princess

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails