Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (Also, My Apologies to the Irish, Twihards and Aerosmith Fans Reading This)

Top O' the Marnin! Blarney! Tis grand! Hearts stars and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons, pots of gold and rainbows, and me red balloons!  If you haven't guessed, we are celebrating St. Patrick's Day here on The Book Buff.  Since I am neither a drinker, nor Irish, the extent of my celebration is green pancakes for breakfast, and to wear a spot of green to deflect any errant pinching fingers headed my way.   Since most of you will probably be a little bit on the tipsy side, today's post is going to be more on fun, rather than informative :)  In honor of all the Irish book buffs out there, let's play...
Did you know ___________ was Irish?

Bram Stoker, author of Dracula


  


 
James Joyce, author of Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake




(this is one of the subjects of this post-click on it, it's hilarious!  If you liked that post, click here for round 2:)




Jonathan Swift, author of Gulliver's Travels and (my favorite) A Modest Proposal









Oscar Wilde, author of The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Importance of Being Earnest







And now for random Irish stuff having nothing whatsoever to do with books...

Pretty scenery...





And last but not least, some memes, because I can never get enough of 'em...




Happy St. Patrick's Day my lovely Book Buffs!  Please be safe out there!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails